The Ambassador Committee shall be responsible for the overall welfare of the membership activities of the Ripon Chamber of Commerce. This mission will be accomplished in two specific areas pertaining to Chamber membership:
- The recruitment of new members – Seek out potential members and market the Ripon Chamber of Commerce in an effort to have all businesses and organizations operating in Ripon become members.
- The retention of current members – Continually look for new and innovative ways to demonstrate the value of maintaining a membership in the Ripon Chamber of Commerce.
The ambassador committee shall continually monitor and reinforce the benefits of Chamber membership. The committee shall endeavor to maintain a relationship with the membership by personal contact with each member annually to solicit input and feedback as to the value they receive.
Committee Chair: Janet McMahon (Realtor, Keller Williams Realty)
The mission of the Downtown Committee is to realize the vision of a vibrant and vital downtown through collaboration and cooperation with Chamber members, downtown businesses, and local government through the following means:
- By creating awareness of the opportunities and benefits that Downtown Ripon holds for the community as a whole.
- By encouraging economic development within the context of Downtown Ripon preservation.
- By creating community awareness of issues unique to Downtown Ripon.
- By improving municipal, individual business, and property owners support of efforts to maintain the vitality of Downtown Ripon.
Committee Chair: Jennifer Komatsu (Natural Path Wellness Center)
ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT COMMITTEE
The mission of the Economic Development Committee is to promote economic growth in the City of Ripon through the attraction of new business and the retention of existing businesses by providing the resources that enable development and advance the general well-being of the community.
The goal of this committee is to partner with the City of Ripon as a resource to help in economic development by offering assistance, bringing local partners together to meet the needs of future and existing business owners with finance programs, location assistance, business plans, permit processes, and workforce development.
When recruiting prospective business, we need to be aware of three issues: speed, cost, and lowering risk. Business look at their cost to start a new business, resources available, and sustainability. Chambers and Economic Development organizations must coexist and acknowledge the critical role each organization plays in the economy of our community. It is imperative to work with the City of Ripon and other organizations to make sure all the needs of a new business or existing businesses are met.
Committee Chair: Dr. Debbie Daniels (Ripon Veterinary Hospital)
GOVERNMENT RELATIONS COMMITTEE (GRC)
The mission of the Government Relations Committee is to add value to our business community and to the community at large through the following means:
- By acting as an advocate for business on behalf of Chamber Members.
- By maintaining ties and contacts with local government officials that foster open communication and cooperation thus offering opportunity for voice and involvement on issues affecting businesses.
- By heightening awareness within the community on issues pertinent to the business community.
- By bringing Ripon business issues to the attention of local and state levels of government and, by working closely with our City Council and Staff to develop strategies for working with local government that benefit our members.
Committee Chair: Mike Restuccia